Conneque


standalone player
Quantcast

Envisioning Abstraction: the Duality of FluiD

Code7

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Interview with Industrialized Metal Webzine

Before I leaving for my recent Midwest Tour, I did an interview with Industrialized Metal Webzine. The interview covered President Obama, globalization, Islam, activism and why I chose the name FluiD. Here is an excerpt from the interview -

A practical question - why on Earth did you name your project FluiD?


"I named it FluiD because they idea of being fluid or "fluidity" has been an underlying theme througout my musical life. I've played in all kinds of bands doing all kinds of music. I started out as a classical pianist, moved to jazz and eventually rock. I played saxophone is an avant-garde punk band, bass guitar in a thrash-metal band and keyboards in an electro/R&B group.

It's also akin to the idea of someone being fluent in a language. When we say someone is fluent in a language what we're saying is they understand it and can speak it. I think music is a language, a language I work to understand. The more fluid one is with the language of music, the easier it is to create something deeper and more meaningful with that language. You have understand, research and listen to what has come before you".

You can read the entire interview here - http://industrializedmetal.com/2010_fluid.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment